Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Car

I just bought a new car. Its a Honda Civic from the year 2000.

Its the most expensive thing I have ever bought and I have to say that as far as things to buy go, cars would have to be the most fucking shit thing ever invented.

Sure they help you get around town quickly and in style, but you have to pay through the nose for one, then you have to pay all this bullshit to put it on the road (thanks BOB CARR), more bullshit to insure it, more to service it and so on and so forth.

For anyone thinking of buying a car, my advice is DONT FUCKING DO IT. Buy a plasma TV or refrigerator instead. They are shitloads cheaper and you just pay once, then it gives you a few good years of service with no ongoing costs besides electricity and content insurance.. but who gives a fuck coz its still infinitesimally cheaper per year then even 1 new tyre for your fucking car. They wont help you get around, but you can just bum a lift off your mates or ride the public transit system like a bum.

In other news, today at work I worked from 9am to 5:30pm. During this time I did the following:

10am - 11am - Draw visio diagrams of network
12pm - 1pm - Went to lunch
1:30pm - 3:30pm - Meeting with prospective client. Stared blankly at client while boss talked about something
4:30pm - 4:40pm - Stared blanky at www.cisco.com 'researching' ways to do something with a router
5:30pm - Leave office

At all other times not listed above I was busy reading www.smh.com.au OR challenging my mental abilities playing single player sudden death high speed rocket arena tick-tack-toe to see if there was a guaranteed way to win everytime. After about 4 hours I found there was not.
I also used a highlighter to colour half an A4 sheet of photocopy paper flourescent yellow. That was quite an accomplishment and I was proud of what I created.. but I think I chucked it in the bin now.

Anyways, thanks for reading:

Darrkon

3 Comments:

Blogger joel said...

"I also used a highlighter to colour half an A4 sheet of photocopy paper flourescent yellow."

Po-Mo Art Syndrome --- I get that too

4/12/2005 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Darrkon said...

It takes me back to the days of old at highschool when we would print out pages of solid black on the bubble jet printers.. it took ages and made soggy paper.. and probably cost them a fortune.

But it didn't have no impact on my education!

4/13/2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger joel said...

I used to do that at work - then the company went bankrupt and I felt guilty so on my last day I handed my boss four-hundred or so sheets of solid black A4. I don't think he got it ;)

4/13/2005 06:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home