Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hi everyone, I've been very nicely invited to blog here by Gramyre. I will try to not be boring even though my life would seem boring to most. Today I will share with you the two memorable things that happened on my nice long daily walk.

1. I saw an ambulance driver unload a stretcher outside my old neighbour Lesley's house. Her son was outside. Maybe she OD'ed. She used to deal from her old flat and she's looked like a crack addict the last few times I passed her in the street so it wouldn't surprise me.

2. I came upon a guy sitting on the kerb with a plastered leg and crutches. He had a straggly dog that came up to me and growled. "He's a feisty mutt" says the man. The dog nips at my ankle and the man tells me to kick it in the jaw. The man then makes a grab for it as I walk past, wrestles with it, slaps it and bends it backwards. The dog yelps and the man is swearing and yelling at it. No wonder the dog nips and growls at people. If I thought it would do any good I would have given the guy a piece of my mind. Pity I didn't know where they lived or I'd have reported him for animal abuse.

I would describe all the good things about my walk...ie. the rest of it, but the feelings of sun on your back, smoke in the air and absolute isolation from civilisation don't make for good reading material.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog thing is whacked!

4/13/2005 08:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home