Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I developed DeQuervain's Tenosinuvitis in my right wrist during my pregnancy with Nubbit. It never went away. I'm supposed to wear a wrist guard when working but I lost one of them and they itch (due to sweating) when on so I tend to leave them off. It's also a pain in the arse seeing as my hand is in water much of the day (I'm a cleaner).

For the most part it's been OK. The worst pain is on waking when it has locked up with cramping but twisting it for a minute, though painful, frees it. At other times it's only the occasional shooting pain when I move it the wrong way or bump the side of my wrist. Until now anyway. I tried to do some ironing yesterday (I have around 6 hours a week of ironing) and I couldn't. Not only has my wrist gotten worse but there's a pain radiating from my right shoulder down to it. I use to have hell with that shoulder for years but it went away when I started studying IT and quit my biggest job.

So, next step is cortisone injections in my wrist. I used to have them in the AC joint of my shoulder and they worked a treat. Hopefully they do again. Surgery comes next. I like that option. I think I've developed a spur in my left heel too so getting rid of that would also be great.

I don't want to give up cleaning. I enjoy it.

Spent wants another child. Pregnancy absolutely ruined me last time. Could it get worse a second time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Ruined you? Bosh and piffle woman....unless you are talking about your nether regions, then I am not really able to comment with authority on that one!

Good luck with the wrists...and now you will believe your mother when she says don't play with it or you will turn into a ....oh that's guys yeah!

1/02/2007 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

lol.

I am a sex-less freak. At least, I wish I was :P

1/02/2007 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home