Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Been away...

...Far too long. Back for the mandatory update after such a sabbatical.

New job (at long last Centrelink cries) starting on 5-6th June. Data Integrity officer with DiData - I worked with them while at AAPT when we were upgrading routing software and they were great. Sounds like it will be interesting and being on a 6 month contract will make me work harder to get a permanent position, hopefully I can pull a move like I used at AAPT and make myself indispensable.

Family all seems well, except maybe my uncle who I have been giggling at. 4842 Plants! Personally I've been a bit down with everything but the prospect of a new workplace and new people has got me filled with that nervous excitement from top to toe.

I've taken some photos I'm happy with, wrote some things that haven't been finished and read a lot of books. My favourite would be Boston Terran's God is a bullet. This book imprinted itself heavily on my mind with it's graphic intensity and fast paced brutal story of love, loss and an alternate America bubbling away under the surface. A sure-fire five star recommendation, I can't really compare it to anything I've ever read before in terms of subject matter and style.

I finally picked up a pencil again about a month ago and started sketching, I still suck but I did get a great idea for a painting and broke out the oils and re-used some canvas from old. Worked pretty well and has pride of place in our second lounge now (photo to come shortly).

Well that's about it for me now, if I don't post again assume that I was devoured by some kind of divine femmemonster in my sleep or I have sunken back into sloth in blog updates.

1 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Excellent! Congrats on the job :D

5/31/2006 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home