Thursday, June 08, 2006

There's Something Wrong

Occasionally I will stop doing things around the house. Stop doing the washing, stop changing the toilet rolls, stop going to the office. Well maybe it is more than occasionally, but it is definitely not regularly.


Anyway I recently stopped doing things again. And one of the things I stopped doing is buying food. Now no one else will buy food. Haunt would not eat at all if he didn't have to and the kids, well being teenagers they still expect everything to be provided at no effort to them.

But tonight I will have to go shopping again because the fridge is bare. Bare but for a packet of smoked salmon(!?!), an easter egg from 2004 and 3 litres of milk (that is there because I asked Haunt to buy it on the way home from work.

I guess the smoked salmon means that now we are a 2 income family I don't feel guilty about buying myself treats as much (and the salmon would be gone if my sister hadn't eaten my CCs while I was at a gaming event).

On the plus side...I guess I could wipe the fridge out while there isn't anything to move around in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger joel said...

I know the feeling and don't knwo what advice to offer as I'm stuck with it too, I've got housemate's who don't seem to lift a finger unless made to.

All the more reason to find my own place sooner rather than later I guess.

6/09/2006 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home