Monday, April 18, 2005

Lacking Drive

I am soooooooo sick of driving!

Had to go to Sydney on Saturday. Cleaned mum's. Cleaned Peter's. Drove home. Jeremy updated the firmware on the modem router. It defaults to a weird IP range and the admin password doesn't work anymore. The spare modem shit itself. Had to wait until this morning to call Netcomm. Common problem apparently but they'd replace it for free if we go there. So we drove to Lane f'ing Cove. They gave us a reconditioned modem and guarantee it will work. Got home after a very long delay in the M5 tunnel. It doesn't work. It's totally stuffed and windows even says it's malfunctioning. After a bit of haggling Jeremy has gotten Netcomm to send another one. Lots more fiddle farting about and the spare finally reset...but refuses to again. No matter cos we have Internet. We have to log in to TPG via our own Internet connections though. We just couldn't get it to work by uplinking the router to the hub. It also means that the Smoothwall isn't working and we can't hide the IP. Oh well, I can live with that. I'm just so bloody glad I don't have to go back to Sydney again. I've had to go to either Campbelltown or Sydney 4 out of 7 days for a few weeks now. I also do 85% of the driving cos it's my car and Jeremy hates driving just as much as I do. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyways, I'm thirsty. I was going to make a cup of tea but I hear it causes constipation. Maybe I should have this instead...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home