Sunday, July 17, 2005

Kids and donuts.. WTF is the world comming too?

I was out at Miranda Westfield today with a mate of mine looking for the original Gorillaz album, since a search of Bankstown and Paramatta shopping centers revealed nothing (except for some japanese Gorillaz album that I bought, only to realise it was not what I wanted).

I headed to Miranda coz its not often I go there, the high concentration of Australian people who go there make most of my asian friends un-easy, and its also a bit of a drive.. but today I was bored, and I know Miranda is a biiiig shopping center, so it was decided.

We head inside and within seconds of entering the building, find a Sanity store that has the requested article in stock, I also notice that a Krispey Kreme has now setup shop inside the Westfield and is right next to the Sanity music store that we had entered.

After purchasing said CD, we headed to KK for a box of 12 original glazed donuts.... although it violates my 'Bad Carb' diet (being refined sugars), its been fucking ages since I ate these things, so fuck it, I split the box with my mate.

We are sitting, minding out business eating these fucking things (which are awesome to eat BTW) and as the last donut is sitting in the box, a group of about 3 girls aged mabey 12 - 15 come up to us at the table and launch into a series of questions about the donuts.

"how much do the donuts cost?" they ask
"$13 for 12" my good willed friend answers
"Oh, ok. So you have eaten 12 of them have you?" they continue
"Nah, theres still one left" and after a pause "Would you like..."

Before he could finish lifting the box off the table, one of their little hands shot out and grabbed the donut, knocking my mates coke over (spilling it on him) and the girl who grabbed the donut ran off.. the other two hesitated for a minute before they ran off as well, leaving us sitting there stunned.

Now I ask you, what the fuck is the world comming too when kids of this age will take food from a fucking stranger like that... and I am not the friendliest looking person you would meet in a shopping center either.

If I was to chase after them and try anything then I would probably be up on assault charges... but if the drinks were open cup like maccas coke, etc.. I would have fucking thrown it at them.

Anyway, thats society for you.. $2 donut is worth risking their life for.

1 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

It is indeed a sad world we live in. Little imps everywhere!

7/17/2005 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home