Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Meter Reader

I want to become a meter reader!

I decided that although I'm competent enough if given time, I don't want the stress of IT. I don't handle stress well except in crisis situations. Day to day stress makes me highly irritable. All I want is to be out there walking all day and to come home and only have the house/household members to consider. I don't care about having lots of money. I just want a job I love. Sooooo, whilst I'd love to be a park ranger, this is a hard job to get into. Meter reading is the way to go! I requested information from Integral and this is all I need:

Essential:
•School Certificate (or equivalent).
•NSW Class 1A Driver's Licence.
•Basic numeracy skills.
•Basic computer skills.
•Effective hand eye co-ordination to facilitate the expedient reading and recording of data.
•Effective interpersonal skills to enable the position holder to satisfactorily explain their role to customers and to request access to meters where necessary.
•Confidence with animals as the position frequently comes into contact with dogs and other animals.

Desirable:
•An awareness of metering operations and equipment.
•The ability to identify electricity meters which have been vandalised or illegally tampered with.

What a bleeding doddle! The only thing I don't know is the award salary and seeing as there are no positions available at current I won't know for a little while. Guess I'd better find out where we'll be living first.

Mind you, that would mean I've just wasted 3 years on study...but meh!

The jury's still out on this V2.5 deal. I'll have to buy a membership. I had meant to resubscribe but money is more than tight right now. We'll just have to see I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home