Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sore Losers

I was just playing a game of hearts in pogo. For those who don't know the game, the object is to get the least number of points and taking the trick with a Q of Spades gives you 13 points and any heart gives you 1 point.

Now, people in Pogo hearts are generally really uptight. If you don't hold that queen for the 'low man' (your opponent with the lowest score) then they accuse you of playing badly and you get comments along the lines of 'hey, you're losing the game for yourself too' if you deal something that will end the game...gotta keep the scores really even, you see.

Anyways, the game was to 50 and the scores were:

Me: 2
Opponent 1: 21
Opponent 2: 23
Opponent 3: 25

I dealt the Q of spades onto Opponent 1 and the conversation went:

Opp 2: It was either me or you
Opp 1: I was low man
Opp 2: At least I'm not an ass like you

Now nothing had been said by anyone prior to this as pogo hearts players aren't friendly and don't say hi...and it's only in hearts that this occurs. Sooo...I'm lost so the chat follows:

Me: ?
Opp 2: I've reported you to pogo
Me: Me?
Opp 2: For bad language
Me: Huh? I'm lost.

Nothing more was said but when I placed the final queen that would win the game Opp1 and Opp2 left before it was over. It was then that I realised Opp 2 was referring to my nick - Arsehoyle. Well, what uptight little shits. lol Opp 3 and I had a nice little chat about people who didn't know how to have fun and thanked each other for the game. Maaaan...it's really sad when an online rated game can turn you into a nazi.

I may as well return to my study even though I've decided I don't want to do this as a career. At least I won't get abused for writing a report :|

Does anyone want number 3 in my picture series?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home