Saturday, April 23, 2005

Waiting for something you know wont happen...

Gentle reader,
yesterday, as I prepped for a shower, I turned on the hot water and stood there, in my bathing pants, waiting for the hot water to come.

Alas, after about 3 minutes without even a trace of warmth from the icy stream, I knew in the deepest pit of my heart that it had finally happened... the pilot light had gone out on the gas hot water heater.

Truly, this is an indication that the cold is upon us, for each year in winter, the water heater at Castle Darrkon will fail to provide lifes most essential service (hot water) due to condensation forming on the exterior of the watervessel and eventually putting out the pilot light, so that when the water needs reheating, nothing can start the main burner, and instead we are all slowly gassed.

I had to run around naked in the backyard yelling and kicking random things (car, house , dog) and eventually the thing lit and the flames of victory burned brightly under the mighty boiler that is our water heater, but I still had to take a cold shower since it will take a while for the water to heat up.

As I stool there in the shower with my balls shrivelling to a point where they ceased to exist (or went inside my arsehole where there was still some warmth) I had to curse natural gas and wish for the umpteenth time we used an electric hot water heater.


PS. I would like to report that my testicles have now resumed normal function.


Love,
Darrkon

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now feel a lot better about my crappy day, which turns out to be not as bad as it could have been! Thank you!

4/23/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, shrinkage :P

4/23/2005 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home