Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hey guys and gals

...remember me ?

After a considerable absence from the world of Atomic and blogging in general, I finally decided to post something.

I left Atomic several months ago, during the Green Room subscription brouhaha, yet not because of it. I left because Atomic was becoming an uncontrollable addiction. Like many Atomicans, I used to stay up all night, mindlessly clicking the refresh button to check for new posts. I would forget to eat, drink, sleep and perform all the usual bodily functions designed to keep the human body working as it should. I was out of control.

So I added my farewell post to the dozens of others, and took my leave.

You may be interested to know that since quitting, I've made a number of changes in my life. I've (practically) completed uni, I'm now employed as a PHP developer, I've taken up photography as a hobbie. I've also finally gotten my drivers license, only about 8 years too late (much to the excitement of my girlfriend).

Most recently, due to a medical condition I've been forced to make some lifestyle changes, mainly concerning diet. I've had to cut down on a lot of things, including coffee (damn that was hard - believe me), but generally I feel better for the change.

One of the main reasons I wanted to post was I'm looking for support from the Atomic community for a project I am working on in my spare time. Its called CerebralStorm, the basic premise of which is a website designed to facilitate the discussion and brainstorming of software/web/multimedia project ideas. I know there are a number of developers amongst the Atomic community, and so I am after the support of the community in the form of comments, suggestions and feedback on the project, as well as performing some testing for me.

The site (www.cerebralstorm.net) is in very early stages of production, but if you are willing to help out on this endeavour, please email me (khendar at gmail dot com). Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Take it easy people.

khendar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Good to see you back!...now to pimp your site

6/15/2006 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Hello stranger!

I'm working on a couple of web design projects right now but they're purely HTML and scripts shamelessly ripped off donor creators. I don't know how to write in PHP yet...but I do want to know. My partner Spent may be interested though. He creates all the back ends for a hosting, design and marketing company. I'll bookmark it and watch it's development.

6/15/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)

I really like the idea and although I'm not much in the way of resources the site is an interesting concept that I could see taking off with some support.

I guess I'll try and refine some of my less stupid ideas and see if I can help out.

-sealguy (who's not logged in because he's on his shitty laptop which he hasn't saved his password files to - oh, and if you're interested: laptop speakers are truly horrid to actually listen to music. heh.)

6/16/2006 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger khendar said...

Cheers people. Any help, even if it means telling me its a dumb idea, or just telling your friends, is greatly appreciated :)

6/20/2006 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home