Saturday, May 21, 2005

Guest Laundry - Level 2

I do love spending time in hotel rooms. The small space where everything is cunningly hidden in cupboards. The lack of clutter. The service at a phone call. The program about Incan masonry methods on the cable television. Ahh nirvana.

I don't mind being separated from my loved ones for about a week or so. Then it starts to hurt. Probably because my children and I are together on a week on week off parenting arrangement. Separation from my partner is a more complex thing..

But the chance to be alone is something I truly cherish. At home I am never alone, at work the same. So I am constantly modifying my thoughts and behaviours to fit in with the people I am with and it is exhausting. I don't mean I am not really me, but I am thinking of who needs what and planning ahead for dinners, school stuff and whatever I have to for other people. So spending time by myself and pleasing just myself, is fabulous. I feel like Marge Simpson when she goes to the health farm, I can relax and put the worries of family and work out of my head. I can truly be selfish.

1 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

I understand completely!

5/21/2005 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home