Tuesday, May 10, 2005

One Perfect Day

One perfect day I will come home from a hard day at work and the house will be spotless and not cluttered. The surfaces will be dusted. There will be hot water for me to have a shower and a clean and dry towel for me to use. The pool will be sparkling and the filter cleaned. The grass will be mowed and the weeding done. There will be a hot cup of mud and a foot massage waiting. There will be appreciative ears wanting to hear about my day and questions about what I wanted for dinner. Then it would be cooked for me, and I wouldn't have to shout at anyone to stack the dishwasher or wipe the counters. Later it would be down to a bedroom where on the floor is only carpet. There are no boxes still unpacked after a year in that bedroom and there isn't a years worth of dust and cobwebs hiding on top of things. I would be told that I am loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrkon said...

Tell _Haunt_ to pull his finger out and get all this organized.. chop chop!

5/10/2005 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

One perfect day you'll be left to your dream for an extra hour. That's as close as you're likely to get to it I'm afraid.

5/11/2005 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home