Saturday, May 07, 2005

My short lived career as an Automatic Transmission Mechanic

So I took my car down to the local Automatic Transmission workshop 'DanTrans' in Bankstown to see if anything is wrong with the Civic transmission.

Anyways, I am sitting down there waiting as it hasn't opened yet, when a guy comes up to me and says 'I am just going to leave it there, where does your boss normally park his car?'.

I should mention that at this point in time I have a freshly cut head of hair (guage 2), some stubble and I guess I look kind of like a working class man (GO GO JIMMY BARNES).

Anywho.. I told the guy I dont actually work there and am waiting for the mechanic myself.. but I tell you what, if that had been a 7 series BMW or similar.. 'Yeah mate, just leave the keys with me and pick it up at 10:30'.

This has often led me to wonder what other sort of scams you could get away with, without actually doing much. eg. Find out what time a courier normally visits a place, and stand out the front in a shirt and tie smoking, when the courier comes past tell him you can sign for it and take it inside later, 99% of the time they will accept that since its quicker for them, and you have scored yourself a free box of random!!


I am sure there are plenty of other ways to score free things on the sly but without requiring any great acting skills... mabey you gave some ideas?

Darrkon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home