Sunday, October 09, 2005

I Hate You Crabtree & Evelyn

I am not a perfume person. Nor am I a make-up or hair product person really either. Being a cheap arse who was brought up to be frugal, the only perfume I have ever owned has been bought for me. And the only perfume that has been bought for me that I have worn was a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn Vanilla.

I loved that perfume. Wore it almost daily. My sister took to wearing it when she stayed over ( a few days a week) and so when it inevitably ran out I was sad. But hey! I have friends who would buy it for me right? Then my friend who knew I loved it (and originally bought me the bottle) announced that she was going to be studying in Paris for the next 6 months and would not be around for Christmas (or my birthday).

So as chance would have it I have been doing a course that means I am parking in the QVB where there is a Crabtree & Evelyn shop. So I decide that yes I will go buy my first bottle of perfume and damn the expense (from memory they were around $40 AUD). My happy thoughts as I walked into the shop were cruelly dashed when the immaculately coiffed shop lady told me that as the European market did not like the richness of the Vanilla scent and preferred floral, Crabtree & Evelyn had stopped production....a year ago!

Time stood still, colour drained from my surrounds. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved that scent. I HAD to have more of it. No fear says the friend who originally bought it for me. It will be on eBay, everything is for sale on eBay.


I found a bottle on eBay and this is what the cunts are paying for MY perfume.

4 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Bummer dudette. About the price of other perfumes.

I reckon _Haunt_ should get up and do something to cure your problem.

10/10/2005 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Morticia said...

Holy Odiferous Excrement, Batman. They are smelly cunts!

10/10/2005 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Darrkon said...

I am sure if you were to head out further west then the QVB you would find your mystery perfume... just coz the blue bloods dont stock it, doesn't mean the blue singlets dont!@

10/13/2005 08:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything you want womens perfumeCOME AND SEE womens perfume

10/23/2005 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home