Monday, December 19, 2005

Eye Of The Tiger

Today was a crunch day for me as I could not put up with it any more. The old peepers are getting on in years and I am finding it harder and harder to focus on things up close, and more recently far away too. So it was trip to the Optometrist time.

I do try to get my eyes checked yearly anyway so it's not so much of a shock. Ever since I was about 6-ish I have had a lazy right eye that turns in a little. Some people find that sexy, some people don't even notice it. I wore a patch over my "good" eye for a long time (well whatever a long time is in kiddy time frame) and was pretty mortified to be looking like a freak. It did however put me in good stead for the freaky uncontrollable hair and braces that turned up during my teenage years.

But a lazy eye is not the issue here. I am now officially long sighted...in one eye. The other eye seems to be pretty OK (I think).

I had the happy chore of picking out a nice pair of frames for the glasses I will be wearing for working on the PC and reading. I have never EVER owned a pair of sunnies that made me look half decent so I was a little reticent about what to get. Did I want stern school ma'am-ish or hippy or what? I finally settled on a pair of half frames in funky red.

They looks something like this...but nothing like it at the same time. Ill get a photo when they come in later in the week

3 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

I hate wearing glasses. I hate them, hate them, hate them. Hopefully they suit you better.

12/19/2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Well tiz only for reading and working on the computer...I am looking forward to getting them because it had become a problem for me , so much so that I can't read lots of text because my eyes are so tired that the effort is too much.

On the good side the MS still hasn't touched my optic nerves

12/20/2005 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

That is indeed lucky. My mum can be short sighted in one eye, long in the other for a few months and then it can suddenly become some other strange prescription. She has had lenses with 5 different prescriptions amalgamated into one. Luckily it's settled for a while. She has diabetes too so who knows what's caused by what though.

12/20/2005 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home