Friday, July 29, 2005

And Wild, Wild Women...

Been travelling for work again but I am back now.

Wednesday night was a change from the ordinary as I had organised a group of work friends to attend a whiskey appreciation event in the city. Now I do not like whiskey particularly, but it was free and if 3 people turned up from the 8 who had confirmed I would score a nice set of 3 miniatures.

Well I jumped in a hire car straight from the airport and turned up there dragging a suitcase and laptop and looking every bit the international travellor of style (having swapped my suit skirt for jeans in a cramped airport toilet). The pre drinks area quickly filled up with city office types and others drinking the free whiskey/scotch/bourbon half nips and hooking into some delicious cheese (LOVED the cheese and should have chased up what the smoked cheddar was).

I sat on some stairs chatting to the only 2 people who had confirmed who actually turned up (piking twats the rest of them!). It was all rather naice (spelled as pronounced).

Filing into the lecture room, we sat at long tables with 6 covered glasses at each place, and a large glass of water. These too were half nips so no one was going to get completely smashed unless they drank someone elses or two.

The presentation was entertaining and informative and I would highly recommend anyone interested in having a fun couple of hours book themselves and friends in. I now know more about these types of alcohol than I ever thought I would.

The climax to the night was tasting the Wild Turkey Rare Breed barrel proof jet fuel. This managed to burn all the way down as well as fill my nasal cavities with an alcohol smell that was still there 24 hours later. Very potent stuff.

My verdict- whiskey, scotch and bourbon still tastes like shit but I tried!


1 Comments:

Blogger joel said...

Sounds much better than the free wine I am always chasing at stores and openings. I love my scoth and I've drank more than a drop or two of whiskey and scotch.

7/29/2005 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home