Saturday, October 29, 2005

Bed Bugs

I got a problem.

Our mattress needed replacing. My mum kindly offered to pay for one because Jeremy was getting a bad back from it and when Jeremy is tossing and turning, naturally I wake up too. So, she bought herself a bed and rang to tell us of this strange bed made from some material developed for NASA that is like foam, but is guaranteed to return to it's natural shape when you move off it. It also has nil roll so your partner doesn't get disturbed. So we went and tested it. Jeremy declared it to be fine. We laid on another bed too. Both only got a 2 minute lay down as jeremy hates bed testing but he said he was happy with it so we got it. It cost $1600.

Within a night he was uncomfortable with it and it's getting worse. We're all awake at 5am every morning (nil roll doesn't stop all the other signs that Jeremy is getting up or the fact that this house is very thin walled). So what the hell do we do? Live like this for the next 10 years? We can't exactly send it back and it cost $1600 fucking dollars! Bad karma!

7 Comments:

Blogger joel said...

That was a costly exercise in matress education :(

11/01/2005 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Morticia said...

Most big retailers here in NZ have a 3 week return policy (although I gather they don't publicise that too loudly), have you talked to the shop?

Hope you can sort it out or onsell and get something else, nothing worse than bad backs and badder beds :-S

Good luck!

11/01/2005 07:03:00 PM  
Blogger Morticia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/01/2005 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

I did talk to the shop and apparently beds are non-refundable. However, seeing as NZ has that policy I might ring their head office today...but I won't hold my breath.

11/02/2005 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Morticia said...

I wonder what weapon is politically correct to use when anhilating blog-spammers?

Personally, I think I'd lean towards an Uzi.

11/06/2005 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

I have a mattress with which I could extinguish them.


I called around about it. There is no such policy in Australia. Once slept on it can't be returned due to health laws. We're stuck with it :(

11/07/2005 07:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was blogging around when I came across your site and just wanted to say how great it looks and congratulations on a job well done.

Regards
Swedish Memory Foam

2/08/2006 07:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home