Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Music Rations

Well I am here at home doing the important things before I leave on Thursday. One imprtant thing is to get a playlist of favourites together for my MP3 player. Now this is where you need to be sorry for me because my MP3 player was really bought as a voice recorder and so I didn't think much on size....so I will be going to Vietnam for 2 weeks with the prince(ss)ly sum of 128 megs of MP3s.

For those that aren't old enough to have parents old enough or english enough to know of desert island discs I will enlighten you on the concept. A long time ago in a country far away a radio program invited famous people (and it still invites people) to come on and play their 8 most favouritist tracks (that's how big a vinyl LP used to be) that they would not be sick of should they be stuck on a desert island for the rest of their lives.

My desert island 128 meg of MP3s has a further complication. I do buy CDs and I did have them in a CD carry case. My CD carry case unfortunately has disappeared. I won't say lost as there is the possibility it was stolen. That CD carry case also had a shitload of my games (original) and CD back ups of photos from way back where. So back to the complication, apart from holding on to every cent so I can spend it overseas (so I won't be buying new CDs) here in Australia many broadband plans are "unlimited downloads" but if you go over a certain amount per month you end up with throttled speeds. This means no downloading of a bazillion tracks to pour through.

I sat and thought about what would contain a great deal of my favourites. And the answer was the Triple J Hottest 100. So by hook and by crook I am obtaining the boxed set in mp3 format and that contains about 10 years of hawt trax.

I will post my final list as soon as I choose them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home