Friday, October 21, 2005

By The Bye

I have worked in my current position for 5 years. Studies show that women stay in jobs on average 2 years longer than men just to prove they can do it. I think I stayed in this job because I made the job fun and the people were great. But in the last 18 months I have had itchy feet and a nagging feeling of being underappreciated.

This is the longest I have held a position. Prior to this the longest I have worked for someone else was 18 months or so (average 15 months). My early "career" was one of being poached from various places by bosses that moved on.

So when I come back from Vietnam I will be starting in my new role of Network Program Manager. Will be a bit of a steep learning curve (just how I like it) but should be good for the resume and hopefully the paypacket.

But today is my farewell lunch and it sounds petty but my whole send off has been pretty poorly handled as it hasn't been me who has been organising it (yes I am the person in the office that usually sends the cards round, does the footy tipping comp, organises special events). Just a tip to everyone who might be doing this sort of thing....think about what message you are conveying when you have a long term founding member of your department leaving a week before someone who has only been there a year or two and you send round a combined envelope to collect cash for the presents, that will be split evenly. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

I am debating what to say at my farewell....I think I will have to hold my self back from screaming USELESS CUNTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

3 Comments:

Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Useless cunts can be reserved for the fuckheads that spam our blogger.

10/22/2005 03:08:00 AM  
Blogger joel said...

LMFAO - Most unworthy blogspam ever but I am interested in **keyword** so I might take a look ;-)

10/24/2005 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

I read that shopping online as strapononline...there is soemthing wrong with teh way my brain is wired

10/25/2005 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home