Thursday, November 24, 2005

7 Sleeps Till My Birthday



Every year I hope that my friends, family and acquaintances know me well enough, and have listened hard enough to the things I have mentioned I would like. Alas I have only met a few people that get the same enjoyment out of picking a gift that will be exactly what the person wants or would like. Most people seem to do some strange "oh I don't know what to get so I'll just grab these...towels...yeah they will be just what she wants!".

My mother is the queen of buying bizarre presents. For my 21st birthday she bought me a small clown doll sitting next to a pot of silk flowers, encased in a clear plastic box. Hmmm. Well I know I wasn't living at home at the time, and I know everyone else would normally get a party and some nice coming of age momento, but what did I do that was so bad to DESERVE a small clown doll? I don't even like clowns. One Christmas she bought my ex-husband a kids shampoo and conditioner set. Two Christmases ago she bought me some stone dolphins. Maybe the strange present choice is something to do with my buying her gin as a present most Mother's Days.

Well to avoid all of that I have this year drawn up a wish list. It is a special birthday so I think I am allowed to semi-dictate my wishes. I have given you a week to go out and get them before the party. They aren't listed in any particular order and they cover the budget spectrum. You can even nominate what you are getting in the comments section if you wish. Saves on the doubling up and having to fight it out who is going to return the gift. Links are suggestions only of the type of thing I want, no need to actually purchase them where I have said.

Gramyre's Birthday Wishlist

2 x 300 gig sata drives
PDA Mobile phone
2006 organisor (small enough to fit in handbag, big enough not to go blind reading it)
handbag shop gift voucher
Coloured diamond
Plastic surgery gift voucher
PC Game Gift Voucher
Books and Stuff

4 Comments:

Blogger Morticia said...

It's yours. It's all yours, everything on your wish list. I'll buy it alllllll

Ok, so I can't buy it all, but it's the thought that counts, innit?

Now stop whining about nobody ever buys you what you want and start applying some Vulcan mind control to those mongrels who don't listen when you mention in passing (ad nauseum, ad infinitum) the things you really want for your birthday and leave them writhing in agony for their discretions.

But wait until you have those towels, cos a girl can never have too many towels.

:-)

11/24/2005 08:49:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Kids shampoo and conditioner. LOZ!!1!!!!1


If I were off to get you a present it would have been Crabtree & Evelyn vanilla perfume from eBay.

See, I listen ;)

11/24/2005 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Hahaha...only just noticed the countdown at the top!

I always hope people forget mine.

11/24/2005 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

I LOVE you guys *hugs all round*

11/24/2005 09:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home