Monday, August 29, 2005

Booked!

Today I booked my ticket to Vietnam. To get the cheapest fair I have gone with a universally known crap airline. But you get what you pay for and I am not one to really expect too much when it comes to plane flights anyway.

I'll be leaving on the 27th October and returning on the 10th November and am planning to go from south to north, which seems to be against the tide of normal travellers and so is cheaper.

My friend and I will be backpacking it so we can spend up big on clothes and cheap asian knockoffs. I am still researching where and how we will get about, as there will be a train trip in the middle and no booked accomodation. Fun!!!

I am so incredibly excited.

When I come back I will be in my new job too (if all goes to plan).

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I just got back from Ho Chi Minh City and you can get a better-than-average room for about 25 dollars a night.

Also, it's a good idea to bargain with the locals (except at the Hotel). The first quoted price is always the highest!

Good Luck and have fun!

8/29/2005 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Wow Peter. I went to your site (being the internet junkie I am) and I class you as one of the "interesting people" of this world. Thankyou for the advice and for visiting. I wonder if you will come back.

8/29/2005 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

That does sound like fun!

Except the carrying of backpacks full of cheap Asian knockoffs.

8/30/2005 09:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home