Friday, August 26, 2005

I Should Be So Goddamned Fecking Lucky

School Assemblies...


Ugh! I just attended my daughter's weekly assembly because they have this wonderful award system where you get X amount of little awards towards earning a bigger award, which is then handed out at assembly along with some cool prize and the offer of having your pic taken with your parents to be printed in the next newsletter. Well, all that's fine and well but it's the other shit parents must endure (and as unbelievable as it sounds some parents enjoy this shit). Today's shit was a performance by the year 6 students which took us through 200 years of Australian music. We had to hear 50 or so off-key and out of time students singing 'Tie me kangaroo down, sport', 'Our Don Bradman', 'I still call Australia home', 'Click go the shears', 'I should be so lucky' and other assorted shithouse songs including Barnesy. Everyone smiles and claps as they should but Oh my God MY EARS! Lastly, comes the Australian anthem. Would you believe that I have no idea how the second verse goes but they sing it these days. I choose not to learn. Call me an unpatriotic bitch but I hate the song.

Anyways, that's my rant for the day. In fact, I like this rant so much that I think I'll even post it in my other blogger. I am soooo glad that I never have to attend school ever again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Morticia said...

I never could feel that singing children (especially singing en masse) was anything other than one more torture a parent was not warned of B.C (that's Before Children).

It's a horrid, inhuman conspiracy. You have my deepest sympathies.

8/26/2005 02:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yak. Back to school. I think it's time for me to go back to school.

8/26/2005 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Discount cat furniture? lol


The spam is getting more creative at least :P

8/26/2005 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

I have to say that one of the areas that I "fail" at as a parent is getting into the whole school spirit thing. Mind you if I do end up going to one of the kids things (and they both go to seperate Christians school...despite me being anti religion really) that I end up choked up and fighting the tears...awww....kindy kids are so cute, shame their music, art and writing is so crap..and their teachers so earnest in believing you think their stuff is awesomely cool.

I am leaving the discount cat furniture post...it's a freaking crack up!

8/28/2005 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger SacrificialNewt said...

Totally with you there, Grams.

8/28/2005 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home