Thursday, August 18, 2005

Tai Chi & Taoism

Had the chance to chat to a guy about Tai Chi today and I may be joining up with his classes providing I have the money to go with it. It's something that has always interested me but I've never tried to learn or even fully research the possibilities.

We also spoke of Taoism and again I was intrigued, the instructor, Paul leant me a couple of books after noticing my fascination, one is a sort of general Tao primer and the other is about the Tao Te Ching - both look very interesting.

I have also looked around wiki for more details and found this which is just beautiful
_____

The Three Jewels of the Tao

"I have just three things to teach:
simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and in thoughts,
you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world"



x-post

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Tai Chi has interested me for some time too. No one does it close by though and I would prefer to do it in a group to learn. Maybe I should get an instructer in at work.

8/19/2005 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger joel said...

lol volition

i've got a group that meets weekly just down the road, too bad melbourne weather means it's going to be freezoing at 6am when i head there

8/21/2005 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home